Re: For discussion: security support strategy for the wheezy kernel

Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> schrieb:
> Hi,

> So, my proposal in a nutshell is to only upload upstream 2.6.32 point
> releases to wheezy/sid for the next 12-18 months.  At that time,
> reevaluate and determine what the next longterm cadence kernel will be,
> and then once that is reasonable stabilized in experimental, finally
> upload it to unstable for the final stages of wheezy development
> (perhaps a few months before the freeze).

No way. The idea of unstable is to get the current upstream code in
shape and that won't be achieved with staying with an old kernel.

Whatever the technical solution to testing-security kernel might be,
it needs to be based on following the upstream kernel development.

Cheers,
        Moritz