Re: How to add new platform flavours to linux-2.6 source code package?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:32:04 +0200
> Von: Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org>
> An: Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pircher@gmx.net>
> CC: debian-kernel@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: How to add new platform flavours to linux-2.6 source code
package?

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:01:20PM +0200, Gerhard Pircher wrote:
> > >  book3s-amigaone
> > >  44x-sam440ep
> >
> > 3. 'configs' keyword:
> > Contrary to my expectations I had add 'configs' entries for my
> > flavours, whereas the normal powerpc and powerpc64 flavours don't need
> > it. Why can't the build system find my config.book3s-amigaone and
> > config.44x-sam440ep files automatically?
>
> Well, it should and will error out if it does not. What is the exact
> error? Are you sure you did not write weird characters into the names?
Previously the build script didn't list the config.book3s-amigaone file
in this line:

> python debian/bin/kconfig.py 'debian/build/config.powerpc_none_book3s-
> amigaone' debian/config/config debian/config/powerpc/config debian/
> config/powerpc/config.book3s-amigaone

Anyway, it seems to work now. Not sure what went wrong before. Maybe it
was really a typo.

> > One last thing: the device tree source would need to be included in
> > the kernel package to create the cuImage file with the bootwrapper,
> > the device tree blob and the zImage (and the initrd), when the kernel
> > is installed or the initrd image is (re)generated. The device tree
> > sources are included in the Lenny powerpc kernel packages, but
> > disappeared from the Squeeze and Sid ones (the bootwrapper object
> > files are still there however).
> > Does anybody know why this happened and if it is possbile to include
> > the DT sources again? Should I file a bug report?
>
> arch/powerpc/boot/dts?
Exactly!

> > PS: Please put me on CC:, as I'm not (yet) subscribed to this mailing
> > list.
>
> Please use a MUA that supports Mail-Followup-To.
Sorry, but I have to use GMX's web frontend here. :-(

Thanks a lot!

Gerhard