Re: Firmware realtek + Debian amd64 = kernel panic

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 16:33 +0200, Berillions wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a big problem with my wifi chipset on Debian 64.
> To configure my wifi, i installed the package "firmware-realtek" to
> install the firmware for my chipset wifi = realtek 8192e.
>
> After to install the firmware and wireless-tools/wpasupplicant, i edit
> "interface" file in /etc/network like this :
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0
> wpa-ssid "Network_Name"
> wpa-psk "Password"
>
> and i launch this  command : ifup wlan0.
>
> On Debian i686, after to launch this latest command, i haven't
> problems and the wifi works correctly.
> But, on Debian amd64, when i launch this command, i have a kernel
> panic and i understand why.
>
> I don't know how find the log for the kernel panic but i take the
> kern.log after to boot on Ubuntu Live CD  (only for my chipet wifi) :
> http://pastebin.com/7L7z3as7

Please run 'reportbug linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64' to make a proper bug
report.  Use netconsole
<http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt>, a
serial console
<http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/serial-console.txt> or a
digital camera to capture the panic messages.