Re: Proposed changes to initramfs-tools hook scripts

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:24:02 -0400 (EDT), maximilian attems wrote:

> so mika reviewed
> http://git.debian.org/?p=kernel/initramfs-tools.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/maks/hooks
>
> he critisize the exit 0 without any stdout/stderr message.
> so rethinking why do you want that anyway?
>
> I do not see the point of it, update-initramfs is already told
> to not care if that initramfs exists with the takeover flag
> so will not errexit.

You're right.  With the -t flag, attempting to delete a non-existent
initial RAM file system does not cause an error exit.  Exit status
is zero, even if the file does not exist.  The "exit 0" is unnecessary.
Good catch, Mika!

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :