rndis problem

For more than 5 years I have tried to connect my modem/router, a 2Wire
HomePortal 1000SW, to my system over a usb cable.  Today I tried the
Mandriva 2010 live cd and the usb connection was recognized and installed
as eth2 automatically.  The difference may be the later kernel version.
Mandriva uses 2.6.31.5.  If you think it would help understand the problem,
please take a look at the five files in the attacked tar.  They are dmesg and
lsmod listings for Lenny and Mandriva, plus the Mandriva kernel config file.

Any assistance, including "wait for 2.6.31.5", would be greatly appreciated.