Re: [libimobiledevice-devel] ipheth

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 13:40 -0700, Daniel Borca wrote:
> Martin,
>
> ipheth needs ValidatePair, not Pair
> http://libiphone.lighthouseapp.com/projects/27916/tickets/89-provide-access-to-validatepair#ticket-89-9
> http://github.com/dgiagio/ipheth/blob/master/ipheth-pair/ipheth-pair.c
>
> Regards,
> Daniel Borca

ideviceinfo and other tools call lockdownd_new_with_handshake(). That
also uses ValidatePair in order to verify pairing:
http://cgit.sukimashita.com/libimobiledevice.git/tree/src/lockdown.c#n688

Afaik. what counts for ipheth to work is the lockdown key
"TrustedHostAttached" to be switched to "True" by the device. This is
confirmed and reported by running "ideviceinfo -k TrustedHostAttached".

Some idevicepair tool could provide this information.

I think to solve this discussion we need to look at how this issue is
solved on Mac OS X and Windows by iTunes.

--- Martin S.