Re: updating openvz kernel for debian squeeze

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 07:10:20PM +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> On 03/22/2010 06:59 PM, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> >
> >We have updated our kernel and it includes a couple of serious
> >fixes (like oopses ;)). Please, pull them.
> >

> To clarify -- please pull up to commit 796e80e5b.

just noticed.
will do this evening, currently at work.
upload of 2.6.32-11 for unstable is expected this week.
(2.6.32-10 will not hit testing due to build troubles on release archs)

> Another question -- how do we handle that in the future?
> Do we just notify debian-kernel@ list whenever we have a
> new important fix in our tree? Any other way you'd prefer?

well we have our own schedule of uploading,
will try to notify you on the syncs.

as long as we are not in freeze, I have no trouble in just
keeping updated with latest git. afterwards I need guidance for
the severity of fixes, so then I'd be very happy of notifications.

also waldi added for squeeze possibility to ignore ABI break for specific
featureset, so this should help to update openvz in case internal vz
specific symbols change.

thanks for your work.