Re: Scheduling 2.6.26-22 (ABI++)

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 18:19 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> -
> bugfix/x86/hypervisor-detection-and-get-tsc_freq-from-hypervisor.patch
> This adds the x86_hyper_vendor member to struct x86_cpuinfo.  It is
> set for each CPU, but it is not really per-CPU and is only ever read
> from the boot CPU's structure.  We can use a separate static variable
> instead, leaving the structure unchanged.

If the new field is at the end of the struct does it work to hide the
field from the ksyms stuff using ifndef  __GENKSYMS__? Old callers won't
care about a new field at the end of the struct.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly,
since it has no ears.
		-- Marcus Porcius Cato