Re: Scheduling 2.6.26-22 (ABI++)

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 09:47 -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> Based on IRC conversation, I'd like to upload a 2.6.26-22 to p-u this
> weekend. Since this adds a nic driver, it implies that we'll want to
> respin d-i for 5.0.5, so it is probably a good opportunity to merge in
> the abi breaker branch as it includes several fixes we've been sitting
> on for a while.

The only ABI breakers I see are:

- bugfix/x86/hypervisor-detection-and-get-tsc_freq-from-hypervisor.patch
This adds the x86_hyper_vendor member to struct x86_cpuinfo.  It is set
for each CPU, but it is not really per-CPU and is only ever read from
the boot CPU's structure.  We can use a separate static variable
instead, leaving the structure unchanged.

- features/all/openvz/0080-Endless-loop-in-__sk_stream_wait_memory.patch
Modifies signature of ub_sock_snd_queue_add().  This is an OpenVZ-
specific function and should not be used by any out-of-tree modules.  We
should add it to the ignored symbols.

The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow Lindberg