Re: Security: auto-loading protocol modules

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 03:33 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
[...]
> +alias net-pf-36 af_802154
>
> I have no idea of the security state of this.  I was able to create
> AF_IEEE802154 sockets on system with no suitable devices.

According to Vince Sanders who works on both Linux and 802.15.4 hardware
though not yet together, "The guys who submited it did so despite our
objections and their reserch project ended there and then".  The commit
log doesn't show any work by the current maintainers in the last year,
though there has been some recent work in their git repository.  I think
this alias should also be removed for now.