[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Xen/OpenVZ out-of-tree module builds and ABI

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:54:30AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> (dropping pkg-nvidia-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org)
> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 09:10 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 19:34 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > > Correct.  We try hard to avoid ABI breakage after a freeze and in stable
> > > updates and we have so far succeeded with the 'standard' images, but we
> > > have given up on a stable ABI for the OpenVZ and Xen featuresets.
> > 
> > I can't speak for OpenVZ but I think we are unlikely to pull in a
> > complete new drop of the Xen pvops patch now that we are frozen (Bastian
> > -- what do you think?) so in theory we can maintain the ABI we have
> > today for future uploads. That would still mean that there had been
> > multiple different things calling themselves ABI 5 in Squeeze during
> > development but at least it would have one meaning in the actually
> > released version of Squeeze.
> Would anyone object if I added ABI files for the Xen flavour based on
> 2.6.32-26? I think we can keep it stable from here now that we are
> frozen etc. Bastian, what do you think?

no it is your decision.
waldi might not be reachable atm as beeing on the Google Summer Code
> Should I refresh the rest while I am there?

I was about to do that in a short while, waiting for latest dannf
upload to propagate everywhere. also for cleaning up the ignore list.

Reply to: