Re: [Lucid] Preparing the next drm33 stable update

On 10/13/2010 04:32 AM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 16:16 +0200, Stefan Bader wrote:
>> I started queuing up drm patches for doing a stable update to the drm33 tree
>> (which eventually should go into Lucid). Right now there are 4 relatively
>> straight forward changes that went into .32.y and .35.y, the on that Ben pointed
>> out and another one that fixes a somewhat nasty bug reported to us. This last
>> one is a bit more intrusive but looks more or less ok from glancing at it and it
>> feels like regressions should be quite obvious, if they happen.
>> Any comments as well as nominations for other drm patches are welcome.
>>
>> -Stefan
>>
>> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-next
>
> We have a few additional fixes which I'll send as replies to this:
>
> drm/i915: disable FBC when more than one pipe is active (Closes: #589077)
> radeon: Fix MacBook Pro connector quirk (Closes: #585943)
> nouveau: Fix fbcon corruption with font width not divisible by 8 (Closes: #583162)
>
> I also intend to apply these radeon changes from Alex Deucher once Linus
> has pulled them: <http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/pll_fixes/>.  The
> Debian bug report is #597358.
>
> Ben.

I am a bit concerned about the pll_fixes. Overall it seems to simplify things
quite a bit but it modifies a large portion of code which effects basically all
calculations and that feels a bit scary. I would rather wait a bit, even when
those have hit Linus tree and maybe it makes sense to ask for Alex opinion on
the suitability as stable material.

Stefan