Bug#599823: linux-2.6: XEN and NFS causes duplicate filenames with large directories
There apears to be an allusive bug that makes it very difficult to track down.
So far I have found the following details:
1. Happens only on Xen DomU
2. Duplicate filenames are given when doing an "ls"
3. Trigger happens when a rename (mv) happens on a directory with a large number of files.
4. Does not matter which machine does the rename/mv (Any box connected to the NFS) the duplicate filenames still show up under DomU
5. Does not appear to happen to directories with a limited number of files. I have one directory with > 9k files which this does happen on (mail directory)
6. To clear the issue, you have to either rename the file back to the original, or reboot the DomU
A little direction on how to continue diagnosing this issue, or a fix :) would be good.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash