Re: [DRAFT v2] Policy for Linux kernel, initramfs, boot loader update process

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 19:54, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:

>> This should probably be 'eval set -- "$DEB_MAINT_PARAMS"' instead, or
>> the single quotes will not be stripped, neither any possible spaces
>> will be correctly preserved.
>
> You're quite right.  I've just fixed this in the Kernel Handbook.

Would it be possible to add a reference to this in the linux-image
packages? dpkg -s linux-image-* doesn't have any reference to this.
Also, there is no README in this package to would point you there.

This Kernel Handbook (http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/) is
very helpful. I never knew about it until today because it wasn't
referenced anywhere in the kernel-image package (that I could find).

In other regards, thanks for maintaining this helpful information,
Jeff