Re: How to add new platform flavours to linux-2.6 source code package?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 00:02:01 +0100
> Von: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
> An: Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pircher@gmx.net>, debian-kernel@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: How to add new platform flavours to linux-2.6 source code package?

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll take a look at your suggestions.

> > One last thing: the device tree source would need to be included in
> > the kernel package to create the cuImage file with the bootwrapper,
> > the device tree blob and the zImage (and the initrd), when the kernel
> > is installed or the initrd image is (re)generated. The device tree
> > sources are included in the Lenny powerpc kernel packages, but
> > disappeared from the Squeeze and Sid ones (the bootwrapper object
> > files are still there however).
> > Does anybody know why this happened and if it is possbile to include
> > the DT sources again?
> [...]
>
> If these are not part of the upstream Linux source then I think they
> should be packaged separately.
The device tree sources are part of the upstream Linux source and IMHO
without them some of the bootwrapper object files (cuboot.*) are pretty
much useless.

Gerhard