Re: xen kernel features

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 00:25 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 09:53:17PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 20:58 +0200, Csillag Kristof wrote:
> > >  - PCI passthru to PV guests does not work, because
> > > CONFIG_XEN_PCI_PASSTHROUGH is disabled in kernel config.
> > I think this should be trivial to enable -- does any one on
> > debian-kernel object to enabling it in trunk and sid branches?
>
> It have no effect, so no:
> | $ grep XEN_PCI_PASSTHROUGH -r *
> | arch/x86/xen/Kconfig:config XEN_PCI_PASSTHROUGH

Oh right, the actual relevant option for pcifront support is
CONFIG_PCI_XEN which is already enabled. Similarly for pciback the
option is CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND and is already enabled.

So it looks like pci passthrough should just work already and
XEN_PCI_PASSTHROUGH is some redundant option which doesn't do anything.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

BOFH excuse #256: