Bug#570364: Output LVDS gone on Intel Mobile 915GM
- To: Stefan Ott <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#570364: Output LVDS gone on Intel Mobile 915GM
- From: Moritz Muehlenhoff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 22:47:41 +0200
- Message-id: <20100501204741.GA25201@galadriel.inutil.org>
- Reply-to: Moritz Muehlenhoff <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <1270528085.24287.163.camel@localhost>
- References: <20100218113113.2246.74918.reportbug@localhost> <1266499105.10567.702.camel@localhost> <email@example.com> <1266700803.10567.827.camel@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1266843082.24602.114.camel@localhost> <1270528085.24287.163.camel@localhost>
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 05:28:05AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 12:51 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 15:15 +0100, Stefan Ott wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 22:20, Ben Hutchings <email@example.com> wrote:
> > > > On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 21:11 +0100, Stefan Ott wrote:
> > > >> > Please test the current version, 2.6.32-8, which has many fixes for the
> > > >> > i915 video driver.
> > > >>
> > > >> Thanks, I tried but I still get the same result (dmesg attached)
> > > >
> > > > Unfortunately the log you sent stops before the i915 driver is active.
> > > > You will need to let the X server start (or attempt to start) before
> > > > sending the log.
> > > >
> > > > However, I think this bug may be the same as
> > > > <http://bugs.debian.org/569314>, which we have a fix for. You can build
> > > > amd test a kernel with this fix by following the instructions at
> > > > <http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s-common-official-vcs>. Use the distribution codename 'sid'.
> > >
> > > Okay, I tried that but I still get the same problem, that is, unless I
> > > boot with i915.modeset=0 (as mentioned in the other bug report). dmesg
> > > outputs are available if you think they're relevant.
> > Please report this upstream at <http://bugzilla.freedesktop.org>, under
> > product 'DRI', component 'DRM/Intel'. Attach the log
> > 'dmesg.2.6.32-3-686' and the corresponding X server log.
> Have you done this? I forgot to say, let us know the bug number so we
> can track it.
Stefan, did you report this upstream or is it fixed in current sid kernel?