Your message dated Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:50:54 +0100 with message-id <1271515854.3679.96.camel@localhost> and subject line Re: Bug#577764: ALSA: snd-aloop module MISSING from recent kernels! has caused the Debian Bug report #577764, regarding ALSA: snd-aloop module MISSING from recent kernels! to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact email@example.com immediately.) -- 577764: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=577764 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <email@example.com>
- Subject: ALSA: snd-aloop module MISSING from recent kernels!
- From: Paolo Saggese <NO.SPAM@lngs.infn.it>
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:36:21 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>Package: linux-2.6 Version: 2.6.32-9 Severity: normal Hi, the ALSA virtual loopback sound card module, snd-aloop, is missing from recent kernels!!! (it was available on Lenny's kernel: /lib/modules/2.6.26-2-686/updates/alsa/drivers/snd-aloop.ko ) Any idea why it disappared? The sources are included in all recent ALSA versions up to the latest. I do NEED it, please make it come back in stock kernels! Tnx a lot. Ciao, Paolo. -- System Information: Debian Release: 5.0.4 APT prefers stable APT policy: (900, 'stable'), (190, 'testing'), (180, 'unstable'), (7, 'experimental') Architecture: i386 (i686) Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-4-686 (SMP w/2 CPU cores) Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8) Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-3-686 depends on: ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.30 Debian configuration management sy ii initramfs-tools [linux-initra 0.92o tools for generating an initramfs ii module-init-tools 3.4-1 tools for managing Linux kernel mo Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-3-686 recommends: ii firmware-linux-free 2.6.32-9 Binary firmware for various driver ii libc6-i686 2.10.2-6 GNU C Library: Shared libraries [i Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-3-686 suggests: ii grub 0.97-47lenny2 GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy v pn linux-doc-2.6.32 <none> (no description available) Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.32-3-686 is related to: pn firmware-bnx2 <none> (no description available) pn firmware-bnx2x <none> (no description available) pn firmware-ipw2x00 <none> (no description available) pn firmware-ivtv <none> (no description available) pn firmware-iwlwifi <none> (no description available) ii firmware-linux 0.23 Binary firmware for various driver ii firmware-linux-nonfree 0.23 Binary firmware for various driver pn firmware-qlogic <none> (no description available) pn firmware-ralink <none> (no description available) -- debconf information: linux-image-2.6.32-3-686/prerm/would-invalidate-boot-loader-2.6.32-3-686: true shared/kernel-image/really-run-bootloader: true linux-image-2.6.32-3-686/postinst/bootloader-error-2.6.32-3-686: linux-image-2.6.32-3-686/postinst/depmod-error-initrd-2.6.32-3-686: false linux-image-2.6.32-3-686/postinst/bootloader-test-error-2.6.32-3-686: linux-image-2.6.32-3-686/postinst/missing-firmware-2.6.32-3-686: linux-image-2.6.32-3-686/prerm/removing-running-kernel-2.6.32-3-686: true
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#577764: ALSA: snd-aloop module MISSING from recent kernels!
- From: Ben Hutchings <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:50:54 +0100
- Message-id: <1271515854.3679.96.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 12:36 +0200, Paolo Saggese wrote: > Package: linux-2.6 > Version: 2.6.32-9 > Severity: normal > > Hi, > > the ALSA virtual loopback sound card module, snd-aloop, is > missing from recent kernels!!! > > (it was available on Lenny's kernel: > > /lib/modules/2.6.26-2-686/updates/alsa/drivers/snd-aloop.ko > ) Anything in the 'updates' subdirectory is installed by some other package. All modules included in the official kernel packages will be installed under the 'kernel' subdirectory. > Any idea why it disappared? The sources are included in all > recent ALSA versions up to the latest. And yet not in mainline Linux, where they should be. > I do NEED it, please make it come back in stock kernels! Then you should talk to ALSA upstream about including it in mainline. Ben. -- Ben Hutchings Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
--- End Message ---