Adding new drivers to Debian's 2.6.32 kernel?

Hello,

I am aware of the policy stated on
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernelPatchAcceptanceGuidelines
and that this in general means that new features/drivers are rejected.

I still would like to ask for an exception: The "mantis" DVB driver was
included in upstream version 2.6.33. This driver is very self contained,
adding one directory under drivers/media/dvb/, 5 files (2 new frontends)
under drivers/media/dvb/frontends/, a one-line bugfix patch to
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/tda10021.c (which might be forwarded through
upstream stable, if so required) and otherwise only the necessary
Makefile and Kconfig changes.

I do realize that current policy is that new drivers should be packaged
as dkms source packages, but I believe that this is not a good solution
in this specific case because:
 - the separate driver package will only ever be needed for the 2.6.32 kernel
 - the driver is highly integrated in the DVB subsystem and links with a
   number of existing frontends.  The necessary header files are not
   part of linux-headers and would therefore have to be copied from the
   kernel source, creating problems if these should ever be changed.

Do you think an exception may be possible for this driver?  If so, I can
prepare a patch proposal for review.

If not, then I guess a dkms package is the way forward.  In that case,
do you have any guidelines on how to deal with the inclusion of header
files from kernel source?  The necessary headers are:

drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/demux.h
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dmxdev.h
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_ca_en50221.h
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_demux.h
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.h
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_frontend.h
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_net.h
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_ringbuffer.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/lnbp21.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb0899_cfg.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb0899_drv.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb0899_reg.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb6100_cfg.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb6100.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stv0299.h
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/zl10353.h

Bjørn