Re: Compiling linux-image-2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64 from scratch (plain-text)?

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 03:18:35AM +0200, forwebonly@web.de wrote:
> [...]

dude we do not support homebrew compiled stuff.

too much can go wrong.

> Your advice above is just not enough to get me out of my dark pit ...

if you still want to proceed try
http://wiki.debian.org/HowToRebuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage
linux-2.6 building for Debian is special and not the recommend way

use the openvz 2.6.26 repo and build your deb with
make deb-pkg

> It stops already at "It is possible to apply extra patches to the tree before starting the build", as i just dont know, what to invoke how exactly.
> And we talk about additional patches, right?
> The only patch i could find is the mentioned "../openvz.patch".
>
> But i cannot understand what to do know, invoke binary or binary-arch, debian/rules source or make -f debian/rules.gen setup_i386_none_686 and what from that needs to be changed for "openvz.patch"
>
> And a "debian/bin/test-patches" just does not exist in my source!
>
> So, all of that does not realy help ...
>
> :-/

nor does your whining,
kernelnewbies.org might help if you get your attitude, curiosity
and exploration nature right.