Re: [Fwd: configure_networking: Raise ipconfig timeout to 180 seconds.]

hello,

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Anna Jonna Armannsdottir wrote:

> There is no response from the debian-kernel list, so
> this patch is forwarded to You.

still don't see your post to d-kernel,
maybe my spam filter was overly zealous, sorry.
thanks for repost.

> Attached are a jpeg screenshot of the boot sequence and of
> course the patch. The patch is relative to the present git
> snapshot.

thanks applied:
http://git.debian.org/?p=kernel/initramfs-tools.git;a=summary
modified to break out of loop on said generated file,
to not triply indent loop, please check.

I also have two related questions:

A) you mention a bug of ipconfig, that it exists with wrong message
   or such, could you please be more explicit on that.
   also please try out klibc-1.5.17 it both reached Ubuntu lucid
   and Debian unstable, has several ipconfig fixes.

B) as you seem heavy user of configure_networking()
   could you please review #, I lack the testing ability:
   http://bugs.debian.org/566295

thanks + kind regards

--
maks