Re: upload announce 2.6.32-10

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:50 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 08:51 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you give a pointer to the files which are failing? I tried some
> > > likely candidates (arch/x86 and drivers/xen) on i386 and amd64 but saw
> > > no failures. A full build will likely take until 22 UT on this
> > > machine :-(
> >
> > Maybe it was the highpte thing which Ben already fixed in r15391?
>
> After removing the two patches that went upstream, I could apply the
> patch and build the result (i386_xen_686 config) though I didn't try
> running it.

Sounds like you did the right thing, I'll test when I get a chance.
Thanks.

> Relatedly, I noticed that there seem to be some other general bug fixes
> in xen-pvops.patch.  They should not be in there but broken out into
> separate patches that we can apply to all configurations.

These are probably fixes which Jeremy (upstream Xen kernel maintainer)
has pulled into his branches for one reason or another and which
therefore got pulled into the diff when Bastian created it.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

Never have so many understood so little about so much.
		-- James Burke