Backporting HIGHPTE option patch from tip.git

Is it acceptable to backport
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git;a=commitdiff;h=a73a040e3b18521f83e726abacc2f3992a148388 into the sid kernel?

This patch is a precursor to a Xen fix but since it touches generic code
I thought I would run it by the list first.

The patch adds a command line option to disable the effects of
CONFIG_HIGHPTE but does not change anything by default and is about as
safe as any patch could be.

The followup Xen patch is
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=commitdiff;h=9be6abceadd654543648b799ae430f30e09959ac
and disables HIGHPTE when running under Xen. It prevents crashes under
load due to HIGHPTE races which cannot be otherwise (easily) avoided
under Xen.

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

It's NO USE ... I've gone to "CLUB MED"!!