Re: lxc linux image flavour

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 01:37:26PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> I thus propose to enable an lxc (linux containers) [1] flavour:

Please describe the _kernel_ improvements over the normal images. Most
of it is already enabled in the default images and does not warrant for
an extra image.

> * lxc is merged in linux-2.6 and continuously improved
>   (the maintenance of it should be thus much lower then
>    it was for openvz)

lxc is the userspace part.

> * RESOURCE_COUNTERS and CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR enabled
>   (has overhead that is not acceptable, for general purpose images)

The description reads like it is possible to enable/disable the overhead
on boot time. Please elaborate.

Bastian

--
The sight of death frightens them [Earthers].
		-- Kras the Klingon, "Friday's Child", stardate 3497.2