Re: using the zoom slider on Microsoft keyboard

  >> But there is a trivial patch floating around, that makes this
  >> button (actually, it is two buttons, up and down) usable:
  >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/264287 (a
  >> search for the word KEY_ZOOMIN will get you to the actual patch on
  >> the page).

  >> Would it be possible, to incorporate this patch into Debian's
  >> official kernel?

  > But it sounds like the real issue here maybe with X?

Yes, here is a relevant quote from the above URL:

,----
`----

  > If that workaround gets accepted upstream, then we can likely
  > backport it.

Thanks, unfortunately I don't think that will happen anytime soon. :( I
don't know how many keyboards have this zoom slider thingie, I was
hoping Debian to incorporate this patch for the users.

--
Thanks,
Richard