Re: Re: Building vanilla kernel .debs

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 22:21:00 +0200,  maximilian attems wrote:

>On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 09:53:58PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:

>snippage<

>> Is there any documentation about which features are
>> available?
>
>not yet, as currently it is dead simple, but in the work indeed.
>
>On build it respects DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME for changelog and control
>file generation. If firmware is also build you get a seperated firmware
>package.
>
>On install eventual hook scripts in /etc/kernel will be executed.
>
>> For this to be a make-kpkg replacement, I'd need the
>> possibility to run the actual build process as non-root user while
>> using fakeroot to build the .deb,
>
>done in linux-next kbuild tree heading for 2.6.33.
>
>> append a string to the version  number and a debian revision.
>
>if you set KDEB_PKGVERSION you can set both, the debian revision
>is controled by .version.

Just found this thread and tried it. What I see I like, makes things
nice and simple.
BUT - is there any way to generate a header-package? Doc package would be nice
as well, although not as critical. I can easily live without that. I
really need a header
package though. I often remove the source tree, or modify it, after
compiling a kernel.

TIA