Re: Debian Kernel Group Meeting

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:49:11AM -0400, Dave Witbrodt wrote:
[...]
> Has the kernel team decided to no longer make DEBs available for
> upcoming versions of kernels?  Or will the 'experimental' distribution
> be used to make such kernels available?

For now, the 'experimental' distribution will be used.

> I was surprised that your notes from the Plumber's Conference do not
> seem to mention the loss of 'kernel-archive' at all.  Was this not
> discussed at all?  Is 'kernel-archive' gone permanently?

It was discussed in the 4th meeting; I'm not sure why this wasn't noted.
kernel-archive doesn't seem to be a high priority for its current hosts.
If and when it's brought back online, we will start using it again.
Vince's kautobuild scheme may be a long-term replacement for it, but we
will need to find a suitable host first.

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.