Re: Driver Wi-Fi for Debian

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 07:06:50AM -0700, jacquline morlav wrote:
> I'm looking for driver WiFi for Debian with architecture i386.My notebook is MSI MegaBook s420, support 802.11g MiniPCI Wireless Network Adapter a product from RaLink Technology.
> i'm trying to get a package
> rt73-modules-2.6.26-2-openvz-686

Based on this page <http://baruch.ev-en.org/laptop-s420.html> I believe
you should use either the rt61pci or rt61 driver.

The rt61pci driver is included in the standard kernel packages.  You
will need to install the 'firmware-ralink' as well.

The rt61 driver is not included in Debian but is available from
<http://www.ralink.com.tw/support.php?s=2>.  Select
'RT2501PCI/mPCI/CB(RT61:RT2561/RT2561S/RT2661)'.

> from your site: http://brion.inria.fr/ara/show?package=54588but the "service unavailable".
[...]

That is not our site; it is a "mirror" copy of Debian.

You should use apt-get to install packages rather than downloading them
through a web browser.

Please send further questions to debian-user@lists.debian.org.

The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow Lindberg