Re: OpenVZ - deb-packages

[ cut d-devel out of disucssion as only relevant to d-kernel ]

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 04:57:46PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, maximilian attems wrote:
> > I'm taking care of openvz, please file a bug report with severity
> > important including the patch or link to patch, so that it can be added.
>
> Will do.

cool, that is the usual procedure for fixes to have them included
in stable, so that the release team can review also the bug reports.

> > if it does not break ABI it is easiest to add to next stable release,
> > if it does i'll add it to the queued ABI breaking patches.
> > did you test that?
>
> No, I had to change the abiname anyway as I wanted different package names
> for the target derivative distribution to avoid unwanted cross-upgrades.
>
> How can I test that ?

just add the patch without changing abi and do a full build,
will do an abicheck at the end. if it throws error it changes abi.
as it will probably just add new symbols those can be waved,
but if the changes are deeper it is a candidate for the abi
breakting branch.