Re: Forcibly switching to PATA/libata

Hi,

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:13:23 +0200 Bastian Blank wrote:

> I intend to do the switch to PATA in 2.6.31, even if there is nothing to
> convert the whole shit yet. I'm sick of all the whining.

Mh, while thinking about it:
1. Is there any way to force libata on 2.6.30 atm? The UltraBay DVD/CD
   from my Thinkpad Z61m just does not want to play with ata_piix on a
   Debian kernel, while doing fine when using a custom built one with
   IDE=n.
2. Will there be a way to continue using old IDE drivers on .31? I
   remember problems (and no real time to invesigate) with libata on my
   ICH4 ThinkPad X31.

Regards
Evgeni