Re: Handling of drivers/staging

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 18:18 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi
>
> The staging tree striked again with build failures[1]. I intent to only
> allow enabling of any of this drivers on a per-arch/-kernelarch base.

I agree - a lot of the crap will have been tested on x86 only.  It will
probably build (but may not work) on most architectures by the time it
reaches a stable release.

When you say `I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare ...
and say `Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'. - Linus Torvalds