Re: CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE ??

Hi!

On 23:07 Sat 20 Jun     , Lenny M wrote:
> What is CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE  ?
> How can I use it to update my Debian GNU/Linux system kernel to 2.6.30 ?

Unless you know what you are doing, I suggest compiling the kernel without
initramdisk.

Background: You need it mostly if mounting the root file system requires
running some user space commands and the root= parameter is not enough. This
is the case e.g. for generic and modular kernels which have to load the module
for the sata/ata/scsi/... controller.

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com