Re: Is this a gcc or a kernel bug?

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 23:53 +0300, Aris Karagiannidis wrote:
[...]
> when i run the a.out, the system freezes totally, i mean i cannot even
> move the mouse
> that happens with
> linux-image-2.6.26-2-amd64
> but not with
> linux-image-2.6.30-rc7-amd64
> it also works on a 2.6.29 kernel that i use on my netbook?
> what is the fault here? Gcc or the kernel?

So long as you are writing to devices under /dev/input (you didn't say
what arguments you pass to the program), I believe this ought to be
safe.  So this is probably a kernel bug.

Please switch to a virtual console (not X) before running this program,
so that you can see any kernel messages that would help us to track down
the bug.

Logic doesn't apply to the real world. - Marvin Minsky