Re: [kernel] r13132 - in dists/trunk/linux-2.6/debian: . patches/debian

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 04:12:14PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > * debian/patches/debian/scripts-kconfig-reportoldconfig.patch:
> >   Use the initial symbol check.
> i question the usefullness of aboves patch.

Please provide a replacement.

> originaly we used oldconfig. the trouble was that notorious arches
> would drag behind and not update their configs and thus the build
> would break. now there is an upstream silentoldconfig.

No, silentoldconfig is no replacement, the behaviour is different.

> thus it is more interesting to have an oldconfig build run
> on every arch one cares to have the really open variables set.

And? Please coordinate that.

Bastian

--
What kind of love is that?  Not to be loved; never to have shown love.
		-- Commissioner Nancy Hedford, "Metamorphosis",