Bug#517330: linux-image-2.6.26-1-686: ide-tape hangs for 180s on boot and disables the cdrom
- To: Tzvetan Mikov <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Moritz Muehlenhoff <email@example.com>
- Subject: Bug#517330: linux-image-2.6.26-1-686: ide-tape hangs for 180s on boot and disables the cdrom
- From: Mark de Wever <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:29:25 +0100
- Message-id: <20090315092925.GA18649@localhost>
- Reply-to: Mark de Wever <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Under 2.6.26 ide-tape hangs during boot at:
> "[ 5.776016] ide-tape: hdd <-> ht0: Seagate STT3401A rev 3"
> After about 180 seconds the boot continues somehow, but as I understand
> it, the cdrom task is still frozen, so the tape and more importantly the
> CDROM are not working.
> So, the problem is threefold:
> - long delay on boot
> - tape no longer working
> - cdrom no longer working
> The situation is dire since we have this same tape drive on many systems
> and so far I haven't found a way to at least disable it via any
> configuration means. The "hdd=none" boot parameter has no efect.
> Blacklisting ide_tape in modprobe.d also doesn't affect it.
For me blacklisting the ide_tape module works.
I also don't experience the long delay at boot, it did delay before I
blacklisted the ide_tape module.
My cdrom drive also works normally, I didn't test the cdrom without
blacklisting the ide_tape module. My cdrom is a burner so I also
blacklisted ide_cd module, not sure whether that changes the behaviour.
I also posted a bugreport about this issue in the Debian tracker .
Mark de Wever