Re: the required linux-kbuild package is absent in the sid

        Hi!

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 12:34:46AM +0300, Dmitry Oboukhov wrote:
> After that I remember about my loop-aes and vboxdrv modules and so I
> try to install the linux-headers package. But this effort fails: the
> required linux-kbuild package is absent in the sid.

 Yes, please see #516734 and related mails on this list.

> I am an unlucky person [*],
> but this situation repeats every time if I want to install the newest
> kernel.

 You might find it helpful to use this sources.list entry instead of sid
then:
deb     http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel trunk main

> Could anybody tell me why an upload of a new linux-image always [*]
> goes before linux-headers and linux-kbuild?

 It's not always, and the current problem is because of a rejected
linux-kbuild package from the NEW queue which unfortunately didn't get a
fix uploaded yet. The reject mail is here:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2009/02/msg00567.html>

 Hope that helps. :)
Rhonda