Re: dmesg timestamps vs uptime

I guess kernel/sched_clock.c gave me the answer to the 1st question...
even answered why I saw some timestamps jumping backwards while I was
monitoring debug msgs of RPC + NFS , I guess they came from different
CPUs

now I wonder if there is a tool which would "work" along some other
process and monitor those 'semi stable' clocks so later on provide more
or less reliable and consistent conversion into time since epoch.

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
     Ph.D. Student  CS Dept. NJIT