RFC: Firmware removal

Now that lenny is out, it's time for an update on this.

I wrote:
> No word from Sun re Cassini.

Still no word, I've tried contacting Simon Phipps now.

I wrote:
> WhiteHEAT hardware is still avalable so there may be some mileage in
> contacting the manufacturer.

I talked back and forth with them and they seemed to be happy to fix the
license text but I never got a final statement of what exactly it would
be.

I think we should move ahead with removal of sourceless firmware, but
include everything we have clear permission to distribute in the
non-free section.  This would exclude the 3 blobs mentioned above and
several others that are already stripped from Debian kernels.

I propose that future versions of firmware-nonfree, or a second firmware
"source" package, should be based on the firmware directory of Linux
releases, using a script to exclude the files with unclear license
status.  The contents of the firmware directory should be excluded from
the linux-2.6 package except where source is available.

Of the 13 sourceless firmware blobs I was aware of in the lenny kernel,
several have subsequently been moved to the firmware directory:

- 2.6.27: dabusb, dsp56k (with source), kaweth, whiteheat
- 2.6.28: cassini
- 2.6.29: e100, starfire
- linux-next: qla1280

The remaining firmware - found in mga, r128, radeon, tehuti, typhoon -
is at least clearly redistributable.

Before I spend (and possibly waste) time in preparing packages, I'd like
to get people's opinions on this proposal.