Re: No password prompt on ttyACM0

Andreas Barth wrote:
Well, there is no real "standard kernel". I would also recommend to
try a few different linux kernel versions (also older ones from
Debian).

I copied the debian kernel mailinglist, perhaps there's some good
input from there.

Is this a 2.4.X kernel? I had the same problem with a Multi-Tech ACM based USB modem. The issue is that the ACM tty driver is not finished in 2.4.X kernels. The tty is treated as raw and there is no cooked I/O. This is not an issue if you are using ppp perhaps but if you want access to the CLI
via modem it will not work.

Cheers,
Andi