Re: etch-and-a-half and/or IT8213 backport for etch?

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 02:26:00PM -0700, Ryan Finnie wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is the 2.6.24-4 kernel that just made it to lenny expected to be
> released for etch-and-a-half before/for r4?

Not that exact build, but a 2.6.24 yes.

> If not, would it be worth
> it (read: likely to be accepted) to submit a patch to bts with a
> backport of the it8213 IDE PCI driver?

In general, patches that add support for new hardware, have been
accepted upstream, and can be shown to not break existing
installations are acceptable for stable updates. In this case,
however, etchnhalf is probably a better answer than a 2.6.18 backport
since 2.6.18 would require updates to the stable installer as well.

--
dann frazier