mea culpa if this is the wrong place for my question

Hello all!

I'm working on my custom kernel (made by the debian way)  but I also want to use it for other pc-s. We have many similar machines that's why i want to make deb package from kernel. We are using the debian etch for developing but we need newer kernel to support our hp xw4400 workstations (we have some problem with sound and performance problems on sata (ich7)) But also needs to be installed vmware and nvidia drivers  (the latest if possible). These are the requirements. I'm using the linux-2.6.24.3.tar.bz2 from kernel.org. The procedure works fine if i'm doing the old fashioned tar method (untar the kernel source, config, compile etc...). The Nvidia driver works fine, the vmware works fine with the any-any update. BUT if i try to make the deb package way i have a big problem. I can't install the Nvidia driver until i don't use the full source of my kernel:

tar -xjvf linux-2.6.24.3.tar.bz2

make menuconfig

export CONCURRENCY_LEVEL="2"
export VERZIO=$(date +%Y%m%d.%H%M)

make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot --revision $VERZIO buildpackage

After these i have linux-image, linux-headers, linux-source... If i install the image (dpkg -i) and headers they working fine but the build symlink in my /lib/modules/linux-2.6.24.3/ directory points to my build directory not to my kernel-headers package's directory. If i modify this symlink and remove the original build directory i get an error message from nvidia driver installer. If i install the source package i only have a tar.bz2 file in /usr/src/ dir. If i untar it and trying to install nvidia driver to use it for compiling i also recieve an error msg about that there is no version.h etc... But if i use the stock kernel and the headers package for it (i have linux-headers-2.6.18-6 and linux-headers.2.6.18-6-686 and the build symlink points to the /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.18-6-686) it works fine. So what is the difference between the stock kernel and headers package creation and my procedure? Or how can i make a better linux-headers package?

I just wanna make a binary and a header deb package what i can distribute to all of our pc-s and don't wanna distribute the full build system. So do u have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Andras