Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1503-1] New Linux kernel 2.4.27 packages fix several issues

On Monday 03 of March 2008, Martin Geier wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 05:06:18PM +0100, Vladislav Kurz wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Yesterday I have upgraded and rebooted couple of machines that still use
> > kernel version 2.4.27, and one of them crashed after 5 and half hours.
> > It still responded to pings, maybe routing and firewalling as well, but
> > SSH and other services were unavailable. This is the only machine still
> > using ext2 filesystem.
>
> This maybe a similar problem which I had some time ago (on a PPC), so
> please try the following:
> Assuming that the machine is "dead", try killing all tasks via SysRq (see
> Documentation/sysrq.txt of the linux-kernel-source) and look if you get
> a login-prompt again.
>
> Does this work?

System reacts to Alt-sysrq-e by saying "SysRq: terminate all tasks" but
nothing else happens. Even Alt-sysrq-i says kill all tasks but it does not
help. However alt-sysrq-b rebooted the system :-)

--
S pozdravem
        Vladislav Kurz

=== WebStep, s.r.o. (Ltd.) ========= a step to the Web ===
address: Mezirka 1, 602 00 Brno, CZ, tel: +420 548 214 711
=== www.webstep.net ======= vladislav.kurz@webstep.net ===