Re: firmware-nonfree : ipw2200 ?

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo
<cascardo@minaslivre.org> wrote:
> If I've read the FAQ (posted earlier in this thread) correctly, if
> Debian uses a centralized location for license files, which
> /usr/share/doc/packagename/copyright is, then Debian should be able to
> put the license there and does not need to put a copy in the same
> directory as the firmware files.

The FAQ clearly emphasises (with the phrase "in addition") that you
still have to place a copy of the license in the same directory as the
firmware even when placing a copy of the license in /usr/share/doc.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise