Re: Dependency missing in linux-image-2.6-686 package

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 08:44:13AM +0400, Rilium wrote:
> Hello, i have Debian lenny installed on my notebook.
>
> I've got error while updating kernel(log is in end of message).
> As i can see, reason is becouse of missing grub, or grub-pc package in my
> system,
> i resolved this simply by installing grub-pc, but i think that it is
> nessecary to add grub | grub-pc to dependence list
> at this moment i have:
>
> rilium-lenovo:~# LANG=C aptitude show linux-image-2.6-686
> Depends: linux-image-2.6.26-1-686
>
> rilium-lenovo:~# LANG=C aptitude show linux-image-2.6.26-1-686
> Depends: module-init-tools, initramfs-tools (>= 0.55) | yaird (>= 0.0.13) |
> linux-initramfs-tool

This package doesn't call grub directly - that is
user-configurable. See /etc/kernel-img.conf which was probably written
by the installer when you first installed your system.

It is reasonable to install a kernel w/o an applicable bootloader
under certain conditions, so no dependency is warranted. Just be
careful not to remove your bootloader! :)

--
dann frazier