From: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: open-iscsi: fails to use kernel IP configuration parameter
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 12:54:15 +0200

The local-top/iscsi initramfs integration script uses the
configure_networking function, which depends on the IPOPTS environmental
variable set by the init script.  However, this variable is not
available, because it's not exported from init, and local-top/iscsi is
not sourced but executed.  Thus static IP configuration on the kernel
command line is not communicated to the script.

It may be an initramfs-tools bug, I'm not sure about the communication
policy.  Adding an export statement into init fixes this issue.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-1-xen-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash