UUIDs in GRUB

Hi,

I just thought that you probably should know about:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/06/msg00012.html

Sorry for my oversight of not putting you on CC earlier.  In any case, you [1]
still have two days to rise an objection if there's a problem with "UUID=xxx"
becoming the default root parameter, before grub 0.97-40 migrates to testing
(if that is the case, I suggest you file an RC bug to stop it).

OTOH, I expect this will significantly reduce very common problems like the
one described in #475958.

[1] I mean initramfs-tools maintainers

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)