Re: Please set "CONFIG_DASD_DIAG=m" for s390 and s390x linux kernel images

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:19:42AM -0700, Stephen Powell wrote:
> I am an IBM mainframe systems programmer.  I support
> and maintain the z/VM operating system at my
> installation which provides the virtualization that
> allows multiple virtual Linux servers to share the
> same LPAR (mainframe partition).  I would like to make
> an appeal for the default Linux kernel configuration
> in Debian for the s390- and s390x-based kernels to
> specify "CONFIG_DASD_DIAG=m" instead of "#
> CONFIG_DASD_DIAG is not set".  If you are using "MAKE
> MENUCONFIG", you can find this option listed under
> "Block Devices" as "Support for DIAG access to disks".

It is enabled in the current Debian kernel images for 2.6.24 and above.
However it is not enabled in the Etch 2.6.18. 2.6.24 is currently in
proposed-updates and will reach stable in the next days (hopefully).

Bastian

--
Intuition, however illogical, is recognized as a command prerogative.
		-- Kirk, "Obsession", stardate 3620.7