Bug#480995: [Pkg-samba-maint] Bug#480995: smbfs: Fails to mount.cifs etch samba server in 2.6.25
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#480995: [Pkg-samba-maint] Bug#480995: smbfs: Fails to mount.cifs etch samba server in 2.6.25
- From: Tarek Soliman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:32:34 -0500
- Message-id: <20080513143234.GA30710@zeus.olympus>
- Reply-to: Tarek Soliman <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20080513061755.GT4518@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20080513061755.GT4518@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
> What did you upgrade to 2.6.25?
> The server, or the client?
The laptop (client) was upgraded to 2.6.25 (it is running unstable)
The etch server is running 2.6.18 (latest in etch/stable)
> Can you also try with the version of samba in experimental (for your
> laptop, of course....upgrading your etch server is out of question)?
> This is samba 3.2.0-pre2.
I will try that tonight.
I have another unstable box that is a bit behind (where i sent the
original bug report from) and that works fine with the laptop. I cannot
upgrade the etch server sorry.