etchnhalf kernel: document improvements relative to 2.6.18

Hi dannf,

When the etchnhalf kernel is released, are you going to publish a
document that specifies the most important bugs and features that have
been fixed/added compared to 2.6.18?

There are a couple of newsworthy changes on ARM.  Maybe this could be
tracked on the wiki or somewhere.  (I'm offline right now, so I cannot
create a page myself, but please feel free to add the info below)

ARM iop32x (Thecus N2100, IO-Data GLAN Tank)

 - A problem in the r8169 network driver has been fixed that would cause
   NFS problems on the Thecus N2100 (see bug #452069).
 - The Thecus N2100 now correctly powers off.
 - Support for the sensor chip to control the fan is now included thanks
   to Riku Voipio.

ARM ixp4xx (Linksys NSLU2)
 - A new Ethernet driver, written by Krzysztof Halasa, is included.  This
   driver aims for inclusion in the mainline kernel whereas the driver we
   used in the old kernel for etch (2.6.18) is no longer maintained.
 - A kernel crash with bitmapped md device has been fixed (see bug #443373)
 - More modules have been activated, for example more netfilter modules.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/