Bug#466954: open-iscsi: Hangs trying to log out of Dell MD3000i
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#466954: open-iscsi: Hangs trying to log out of Dell MD3000i
- From: "Andrew Moise" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:30:08 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Andrew Moise" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <47C6BE64.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <47BF3D3C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <47BF481D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <47C661D6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <47C6BE64.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Mike Christie <email@example.com> wrote:
> Andrew Moise wrote:
> > Are there any iscsi fixes in 2.6.24, or is it 2.6.25 or nothing?
> There are major fixes in 2.6.23 for error handler races and an oops.
> There is one major fix in 2.6.24 for a write out race.
> If you guys tell me what kernel you are using, I can try to port the
> upstream patches to your kernel for you guys.
Okay, it looks to me like it's settled that Debian is going to use
2.6.24 for the next stable release (currently it's based on 220.127.116.11).
If you can point me to a patch which fixes the write out race, I can
apply it to Debian's kernel and give it some testing (and also talk to
the Debian kernel maintainers to try to get it included).